Monday, December 22, 2008

Megasquirt.

In 2004 I built a Megasquirt 1 V2.2 DIY fuel injection computer. I built the megasquirt in order to learn more about various aspects of electronic fuel injection. I built the computer intending to install it on a Corvair. I never got around to it and the computer Sat in a plastic tub until...

 


The S10 came with a GM 2.8L 60 degree V6. The harness however was cut and I decided for now to break out the plastic tub...

 


After reviewing the literature (see binder below) and scratching my head a bit I was able to get the megasquirt connected to the computer via megatune. I then finished the relay board and started wiring the actual engine. Everything went pretty smooth except...

 


I need to update the Megasquirt with extra code so I can control the GM HEI ignition and I need to figure out what I want to do with the ignition circit. I am almost ready to start testing everything. That should happen in the next few days.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment